Thursday, June 20, 2013

This Week in Raiding 06/20/2013 Un'Sok Goes down.

We kicked some trash! Also, a couple of Bosses.

      I am very happy with this weeks progress, insanely happy.  My priest Dizzty did a decent job healing, which is still a point of worry for me, but Disc seems to be in my wheelhouse of things I can pull off, and I plan on sticking to it for a while.



     First of all, Tuesday was not a great raid day.  We made progression, and moved against the boss, but the same little thing kept killing us as the end of the fight.  We hit a wall about half way through the night and couldn't get the boss down below 20% or so without blowing ourselves up with the wind bombs.  I left Tuesday night feeling frustrated and ornery... which due to running around earlier in the day I was already ornery and hiding it through the raid.

      Last night my goal was just to take down Wind Lord Mel'jarak, my brother Matt (Shaqia) gets a big shout out from me for talking to one of the raiders who was having a lot of issues with the wind bombs and helping her out.  Gwyndolynn helped her out as well, and between their help and everything else we managed to one shot Wind Lord Mel'jarak last night.

     I was excited, and ready to push against Amber Shaper Un'Sok for the rest of the night.  However, my raid team completely smashed my expectations and we downed Un'Sok in a few tries.  That's right, two bosses down with time to spare!!!  We even smacked the Empress across the face a couple times and I anticipate her going down next week as soon as we get her add phase figured out.

     The Whole raid team deserves a shout out for a Job well done.  The raid was Dizzty (me), Gwyndolynn, Shaqia, Magilla, Laroth, Cuin, Amelmi, Easybake, Fantaa, and Scorpiak.  Everyone worked hard and we managed to push through.  This means a couple things.

    Next week, raiding will be different.  We are going to spend one night on Throne of Thunder and one on Heart of Fear.  We are going to start working through the old stuff one night a week until we finish up the Terrace of Eternal Spring, and the other night, we are into Throne of Thunder territory.  Once we have downed all the old bosses, we are going to be doing Throne full time.  This is the plan, and I'm excited to see it move forward.

     I think with some hard pushing and some luck, we maybe close to caught up when the Siege of Ogrimmar comes out in a few months, and hit that one hard.  We had a good run with Cataclysm where we caught up right before Dragon soul came out, and we managed to down Deathwing before the expansion ended.  Hopefully we will have similar luck.

     Here are two things I attribute to the success last night.  One the fact everyone worked hard and pushed to get things down, and two.  Everyone was on time and ready to go so we were able to maximize out time in raid.  We had a short break midway through, but most the two hours was time well spent.

(This video has nothing to do with this post or raid, I just have Imagine Dragons in my head.)

     On to next week now, we will see what it brings us!

Dizzty.

1 comment:

Lotauna said...

So excited for you guys!! Missing raiding terribly. Can't wait to get back.