Thursday, May 30, 2013

Raid Update 5/30/2013 I Don't Mean to Rant,

O.k., I do mean to rant.

     This week feels like a low point to me.  We had two days in a row without enough people showing to even run Mogu'shan.  I am one of those nerds who hate to pug someone in outside of the guild, so it was alt work and LFR's this week.  Dizzty is coming along nicely, he has and ilevel of 475 and a hair pin.



     That's right, my beastly Worgen priest, whom undoubtedly fights in inner rage constantly, and desires to rip his enemies (and sometimes friends) limb from limb is wearing a delicate little hair pin.  Grrr....

     Here is where my rant comes in, not in the fact that people didn't show up tonight, (I'm getting somewhat used to it, and hey real life happens.) Not in the fact that the week for raiding is pretty shot, as we have a lot of people who raid when we do, because that is where it fits in.  Not even in the fact that I feel that several people didn't get a chance to do what they were there to do.  They have to be getting used to it too.

     I am somewhat holding back anger, because I was told (through a second hand source) That someone has said they stopped raiding with us because of lack of progression.  Damn, talk about being part of the problem.

    I have said it before, and I will say it again, we were making progress, then people stopped showing.

     Now, the progress wasn't ground breaking speed.  We were 2 bosses into HoF about a month before 5.2 hit, and then, Crap hit the fan, and people stopped showing up.  When you are short a raider or two, and have to pull a stand in, it changes the group dynamic.  Every time a person is swapped out, that is less dynamic, less balance, less control.  That doesn't mean that the pug is bad, or doesn't know what they are doing.  When you raid with people though, you learn to anticipate how they play, even unconsciously.  You know the feel of where they will be, how they perform etc... so when people do not show up it messes with the performance of the raid.

    So, if someone says they stopped showing up because raids stopped progressing, I say feel free to find another team because obviously you haven't thought through the problem.

     Not to be a jerk, but if you aren't willing to put in the work to keep a team running, show up and get progression going, then walk.  If you want the progression, work for it or shut the hell up.  I said it, put up or shut up.

     Today, I am the ornery raid leader.  I am mad because while some of the people work hard, and are here every week, people take the attitude, of there is no progression, I will stop showing up.

     I am mad on behalf of myself.  I am mad on behalf of  people who have been raiding with us since wrath.

     I am mad on behalf of those who have been with us off and on in the guild since then, but that real life causes to take breaks.  I am mad for those who have been showing up almost every week this expansion.  Some of which are new to the team as of this expansion.

     I am mad, that when you take that attitude, you just wasted our time when it is possible I could have built someone else up, at the beginning of this expansion that might have been more loyal.

     So, even though I don't have an idea who you are, I am pissed at you.

     Even so, you are not worth my anger, you are not worth my time, you are not worth me bothering to hunt you down, find out who you are and act out against you.  You are not worth my time to ask who you are.  You are not worth my time to sit and stew over.  After I finish typing this post, I will move on and let my anger dissipate.  Frankly, you are not worth it.

    So, if this is you, put up or shut up.  Help us rebuild the team or go elsewhere.  Your choice, I don't know who you are, and i'm not going to pursue who you are.  So the ball is in your damn court.

    I am going to find a way to solve this attendance problem.  To be blunt, I could go raid elsewhere if I wanted to.  I could find my way into another raid team with a little work, and find a group that fits my schedule.  I have the character choices, I could dps, tank, heal, whatever I wanted to build up.  However, I have made a commitment here.  Here is where I plan on staying until the last person other then me has stopped showing, at that point I may consider a different plan.

    That is not today, tomorrow or anytime soon.  I am here to stay.  I am not here because I have a lack of options, I am here because I want to be.  I want to build something.  I want people who will build it with me, not people who will give up when we start having trouble with progression.

      If that is you, right this way.  Grab your stave, your swords, you shields, and march with me into the very mouth of hell if that is where it will take us.  If not, find another army to follow.  Mine is for people who want to be a team.

Lag.

8 comments:

JOSHB23 said...

I'm with you through the gates brother, you me and gwyn will Get together and start planning the future for our raid team. even if its starting at ground zero we need the hof great to stand s chance in tot so keys just get people who live each other thick n thin

Corvis said...

Well, we will build it up eventually, I am just fighting the setbacks right now lol. Hence, the ranting.

Mag said...

You know I'm with you. Hell I've been there since Wrath. I've been there through progression and banging my head on the wall. We'll get this team going strong again.

Corvis said...

See, happiness and tanks go together!

JOSHB23 said...

haha! not just that is you have been there to lead us through it all, we have faith in what you can do ben!

Gwyn said...

I wish people wold let us know when they were not longer interested in raiding ever week. I would rather take someone who really wanted to be there every raid instead of just when they don't have something better to do. It just results in a big waste of time for the rest of us!

Lotauna said...

I have my wand in hand! I am ready! Lead on through those dungeon halls Lag, you have my spells at your back. Hopefully killing those bosses before they can brake that tank armor. If not, I shall rise from the graveyard and go at it again.

Corvis said...

Woot, Da Woot! I am looking forward to building things back up. We will do this