Sunday, May 19, 2013

World of Warcraft Patch 5.3

Here it comes!

     Another patch is screaming in for World of Warcraft.  I am looking forward to more scenarios, lore, dailies and buffs.  Because yes, ret pallies are getting a buff... a small one, but I will take what I can get.

Patch notes  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374

     They have been confirmed to be going live on Tuesday, and even though I have complained, and am not excited about how fast content is coming in this expansion, I still get excited when I see information being added in the background while I play or knowing that Tuesday all my Add Ons will be broken, and even knowing that there is more push for me to get my team caught up before 5.4 comes barreling around the corner.

     My biggest concern at this point, is that Blizzcon will announce in November, the next Wow, expansion, and with the speed of content, I won't have time to plan when and how to buy it.  Because, let's be honest, most of you are like me.  I can't afford to just plop down $80 bucks without having a little advanced time to plan it, and if the content is speeding out, they could announce the next expansion in November with a December release date.  That doesn't give me much time to get the money 'specially with Christmas looming over everyone at that time and stealing the money from our pocket books.

    Ok, sue me, I like making sure my kids get toys for Christmas... sometime toys that I can "help" them play with.  I'm looking at you Wii.

     Seriously though, either they are going to have to have a period at the end of the expansion with a couple of meaningless patches that give us more stuff to do, or they need to have a raid after/before Ogrimmar that we haven't heard about, or Blizzcon is going to cut things close with the patches coming every 3 to 4 months.  I don't know how anyone else feels, but that is how I feel.

   Back to 5.3 thought.

    I am looking forward to more Legendary quest via Wrathion.  I know some people complain that it will make it too easy to grab a legendary weapon by the end of the x-pack, but I think it's smart to give us all a change at a weapon if we are willing to put in the work.

     I could care less about the battlegrounds.  (I burn when I PVP)

     Scenarios are fun, I am looking forward to playing through the new ones and seeing what lore is added there.  I love some good lore. I am not as genius at Matt Rossi or Anne Stickney over at Wowinsider.com, but I knows my stuff.  I even have a couple of Tinfoil hat ideas of my own.  Not that I will share them, yet.

     I am not going to dig through class buffs and nerfs for folks.  If you don't know what's happening with your class, there are plenty of places to look it up.  Probably a good idea for you to do so as well.

     I am looking for loot specialization in LFR.  I hate tanking for people I don't know.  That means when I LFR I sit through the dps queue's and do some damage.  The thought of being able to do so and roll on tank gear makes me happy.  The only downside to this I see, is that it could make more tanks and healers decide to dps rather then take the more stressful jobs in the raids.  We will see what happens though.  I imagine if it causes much damage to queue times, Blizzard will take a step back and remove this feature at a point where it makes sense.

     The leveling nerf of 33% in Mists content makes me giddy as well.  Time to get my alts all leveled... so they can sit there and stare at me as I ignore them afterword when I don't have time to gear and play them.

    (Announcer voice) and so much more!!!!

     What are you all looking forward to in 5.3?

Lag

No comments: