Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My heart to Mission of Mercy on Zangarmarsh World of Warcraft

So, wanting to see the horde side of the servers, one day I rolled a BE rogue, Rhapsidy.

     Now, I know what your thinking, we must all be horde or alliance, one side or the other.  How dare I cross to the other side for something as silly as getting the other side of the game story and lore wise. Well, I love my Alliance, but I also enjoy the Horde and their side of the story.  If I had started playing as Horde, I would be equally as happy being weighted more onto that side.

    Well, while leveling on the horde side, like one does, I tried out a few guild.  I am not naming names, but it because quickly apparent to me, that when a guild spends their time sitting in Ogrimmar talking about smoking pot and doing nothing else, they weren't for me.  Other guilds would have made hard core members of the Navy blush with their language and innuendo in guild chat.  To be honest, I don't mind some swearing etc.. but I don't enjoy the feeling that one of the guilds focuses is seeing who can swear the most and be the most offensive.  Fear Itself my home guild is a very family friendly guild, we try to keep out chat G or PG rated and I normally enjoy it that way.  I like a guild that is more a family then just a group of people.  Then I ran into Mission of Mercy.

   Mission of Mercy is a wonderful guild.  A lot of the players have been playing together for years, they treat each other with respect, have a great friendly attitude and are constantly doing stuff together.  In ventrillo, when the do runs and events together the guild leader is constantly playing good 'ole classic rock for the people attending.

    So part of me is heart broken to hear that the guild leader Blessedalan is leaving the game.  I know this is very hard for on a guild, and i'm hoping that someone steps up to take the reigns and keep the guild together.  These are great people and any time a good guild ends up falling apart or disbanding its a sad thing.  I don't spend a lot of time over on the horde side, but when I do they have made me feel at home and comfortable.  I hope for the best for the people over there, and even though I am not over there much, I am not jumping ship anytime soon.  I will wait until the dust settles and see what happens before making a decision.  There is a chance, like with everyone who quits, that Blessedalan may be back someday.  Even if guild leading isn't in his cards at that time, I hope that he has a home to log into with his friends, when and if he comes back.

     So, if you find yourself treading around the horde side on Zangarmarsh, and you see Blessedalan hanging around before he's gone, give him a hug, or a salute.  Honor him for the great guild he has built up, and hope that things go well after he leaves.  I personally hope, he isn't gone for too long.

Lag

No comments: