Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Update 5/28/2013 Are you a Solo player?

Here is the deal,

     Only had 5 people show up on time for raid.  This was after being informed 2 wouldn't make it because they had Tornado warnings going off.  (I hope they are fine, they never logged back on last night) and another person tell me they were sick.  So, rather then fight, I just called raid for the night.

     I told people to go ahead, hit raid finder, work on their toons etc...  So it was a night for a little more work on my priest.

     Now, I did have other options.  I know Bridgeburners, (one of the best guilds on Zangarmarsh, you know, other then Fear Itself) Had been looking for DPS earlier, and I probably could have squeezed enough dps out of my Ret set on Lag to at least make an OK showing.  I get in this mode though, when I call a raid etc.. I don't want to go off and raid elsewhere.  I want to sit back, be in my funk, and work solo on a character.

    This comes from the part of me that is a solo player.  I have issues at time being social because I prefer to play a large part of the game by myself.  Strangely this includes LFR's and Randoms.  I just like to group up with strangers I don't have to talk to, burn through some content, pick up some valor and be done.  I don't know if this makes me a bad person, or just strange.  Keep in mind, when it's time to raid I am all about being social, and having fun with the raid team.  I just switch from one mode to the other.

     I wonder how many other players are like me.  Honestly before I started raiding I never grouped with people except on rare occasion.  When my wife and I leveled I didn't even play/level with her.  It's just my play style.  Honestly if you play like I do, let me know, give me some vindication.

     But Soloing old content, leveling a lowbie who will never survive past level 30, that is my normal game.

     Anyway, tomorrow will be a better day.  I look forward to doing some raiding, potentially on my priest if I get real lucky, and pushing the team through some content.

Until then,
Lag


No comments: