Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Last Night... Raid update Week 5/22/2013 World of Warcraft

Last Night, she said.... Oh baby I feel so down, just turn me off....

"Last Night" The Strokes. Yes, I have the Strokes in my head.

     I am thoroughly depressed after last night.  I dusted off my Resto-Shammy Shimmer, who has been my other main at different times of raiding, and found myself lacking.  Well, I might have not just been me...

    We went into Heart of Fear for our first hour last night.  This is a raid we have been 2/6 in so far, and we have consistently one shot the first boss every time we have tip toed in for the last few times.  Last night.. She said.. Oh baby we wiped so hard....

    Now, a part of this was that we were two healing this instead of three healing this.  This was a switch for us, but I finally had a good showing of DPS, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and try a healer short.  We got to the last phase on the first attempt, and didn't manage to get that far again.

    I know for me, part of the problem is that I started running against mechanics that haven't bothered me in several outings there.  Attenuation kept catching me.  Force and Verve killed people even when me and Gwyndolynn blew our cool downs at that point.  Things just weren't syncing in ways they normally do.  So after an hour of things just not lining up, we figured we would go down a couple bosses in Mogu'shan real quick to see if we couldn't get a piece of gear or two for our lesser geared folks.  We ended up 9 manning because one of the deeps had to step out.

      All I know is that first pull on Stone Guard was full of more damage then I have ever seen on that fight.

      Insanely, Me and Gwyn were once again blowing cool downs, firing away and we wiped.  We wiped on a fight that we have two healed and had little trouble with several times now.  The second attempt we pushed through but once again, my mana was bled dry before the bosses went down.

     These are the nights that frustrate me the most.  It's when I can't keep up and feel like the performance is just not there.  I know I can't point fingers because several mistakes last night was mine.  I know next time things will probably go more smoothly.  It was probably a rough night where things just didn't go as they normally would.

    Tonight we will see what happens, Our third healers should be back, even though that means benching someone who was there last night.  I want to push through HoF... as soon as we have a built up tank or healers and dps showing again,  I want to start pushing Throne of Thunder... as soon as we get some gear from there we can retro-actively finish off this older content, just so we can say we downed it, then we can hopefully be somewhat caught up before the siege of Ogrimmar.

    Tonight is a new night.... When we step in again, it won't be about last night, it will be about tonight....

     Last Night she said......

      But Tonight.... we move forward. "Tonight, Tonight," Smashing Pumpkins.

 Lag

Ok, I had to put some music links in.  hee hee
   

1 comment:

Gwyn said...

I am blaming the new patch! ;P
But yes, last night was horrid!