Saturday, May 25, 2013

This week coming up, in Fear Itself

Ok, so I am being a bad person and typing this out instead of working on my back yard... Well, i'm eating lunch too.

      This next week coming up has me a little excited.  Tuesday last week for all it's faults I had 10 people ready to go at 9, logged on and excited.  This week i'm hoping for at least one day of the same.  Also, by the end of tomorrow, I will have my priest (Dizzty) to level 90 and be working on my holy heals.  (I will probably have some discipline in there too.)

      So I'm a little excited.  Of course I could have this all done in the next few hours... but here is something to remember when playing Wow.  Family comes first.

      Meaning, I could be jamming on the computer, get me priest going, running through heroics and hit up some LFRs.  However, I have to finish the back yard.  I am laying down pavers, and then I will be working with my every wonderful, beautiful wife to plant some plants she just bought to make everything look like some redneck slob doesn't live here.  This is twice as important to me right now, because we are talking about moving into a different house here in the next couple of years since we have kinda outgrown the house a little.

      This means over the next few months, the yard needs to look good.  The house may need some spit and polish, and I may have to look at some other improvements.  For me this is a big deal because i'm not a physical labor type guy.  I can pitch in when needed, but hard labor/mechanical labor is normally stuff I avoid.  My wife enjoys fixing/painting stuff on the other hand, so I normally play "Lug Lift" and let her do the delicate work when doing things.

     After the yard work is done, We promised the kid's we would sit down and watch "The Avengers" with them.  I have seen this movie a couple times in the theater, (I never see things more then once in the theater) and I am a big Joss Whedon fan to boot, so I am excited to share this with them.  "Puny God!" hee hee.

      What does this have to do with Wow?

      The fact that if you put you priorities straight, the Wow time you have will be better because you are not inconveniencing your family to play.  If you don't put your family first, you may find yourself with a lot more play time.

     Along with Child support, your own apartment etc...  Yes I know that's an extreme example, and if you end up in that situation there are probably more issues to involved.  Not putting your family first though, that never helps.

Anyway,
Zhug, Zhug, Work, Work

Lag



No comments: