Sunday, February 1, 2015

Fading away. (Raid update week of 01/25/2015)

It's been a long week.



       Tuesday was rough.  We had one healer out because they were sick, and a couple of our regulars out as well.  We still one shot Kargath, but couldn't manage to two-heal though Butcher.  I finally gave up and invited someone from the group finder in, and we managed to down Butcher and Twin Ogron, but that is where we stopped.  A bit short from what we have been doing.

        Wednesday on the other hand, I ended up healer heavy and we managed to down Brackenspore quickly enough.  Tectus just wrecked us.  (See what I did there.)  We just couldn't find a good groove to take him down, and we kept having dps and healer deaths early on in the fight causing us issues we couldn't overcome.  Finally, after swapping a heals to deeps we managed to kill him dead.  But not before burning off what time we had left to raid.

         Now, arguably we didn't lose any progress in the big picture of this week, we didn't make any either.  As a raiding week we got some gear drops keeping it from being a complete wash, but I'm looking forward to finishing out this tier.  After this week we will be doing Highmaul on Tuesday and Blackrock Foundry on Wednesday.  I will stick to this until we stop getting drops from Highmaul that are upgrades.  At that point I will save our progress on Highmaul until we finish it off.  Once that is done it will be Blackrock Foundry until next raid tier.

          The big news for me this week is that Wowinsider.com is shutting down.  This makes me sad as it is one of my internet stops for WoW news, maybe my main one.  I find it strange that they would close their doors at a time when World of Warcraft is hitting a resurgence but it sounds like a decision beyond their control.  I am now following Matt Rossi, Anne Stickney, and Alex Ziebart among others to see where they go next.  They have dropped hints that they have something in the works, but my guess is we won't find out what until the site officially shuts on February 3rd.

          This makes me wonder about the longevity of things.  I am on the 120's as far as blogs go into this subject of World of Warcraft.  The instance is well over 300 episodes, and there are various other examples of media that we follow.   All things will come to an end eventually.  Someday I will type out the final blog here.  The Instance will go off the air, and someday the last WoW server will power down.

         We are staring down a ten year old game.  It is showing no signs of stopping at this point, but eventually it will do so.  Even if it keeps going on that long I know I will log out someday for the final time, probably before the game is done.  I love raiding, I love playing, but there are so many more important things in life that sometime it will get left behind.  Some times that day seems closer then others, though I have no intention of quitting anytime soon.



Lag/Lazyeye

No comments: