Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Foundation of things

It was a decent raid week.



       Tuesday we went into Highmaul and had some fun.  We managed to get 4 bossed down, but Tectus took a few tries which ate up a bit of our time.  It felt fairly laid back and easy as we tromped in and laid some pain on baddies.  It was a fun night with some loot for peeps.

       Wednesday we trekked into the new Blackrock forge to see what we could see.  We managed to take down Gruul, which made me happy.  We then spent some time on the Hans and Franz fight which was fantastic.  It may be my favorite themed fight in a long while.  That being said, they squished us like the little pansy man we are!

       Forgive me if I ramble or say something strange here, I am a bit sick.  I want to make sure I get this out this week though so I'm trying to tough on through.  I should be able to do it since I remember raiding ICC that one time when I had a fever and it looked like my screen was wiggling back and forth....

      Why did I go to a raid that sick?  Well for one on a computer I'm not likely to get anyone sick.  Second of all, I feel a commitment to the teams I'm on.  I want to make sure I'm there when I can be to run the raid, or help with the raid.  I want to make sure I'm constantly working on improving gear score etc... so that I can be a competitive member.  There are times I swap classes I'm playing etc... because I feel it's a better fit for the team or that I would be more valuable.  Normally I like to have a viable healer, tank and DPS available if needed, however I have been a lot more DPS focused recently.  I am working Shimmer up still and I am hoping to have her healworthy here soon enough.

      The reason is that I have a commitment to the team I'm working with.  I don't take raiding as seriously as work or family, but I do take it as important since there are 10+ people depending on me to have my act together and be there.  If I don't show up, that means I have stood those folks up who have taken time out of their own schedule to show up.  To me that is unacceptable.  Yes it's just a video game, but when you are burning other peoples time away then it's simply just damn rude.

     This is my foundation, that I have this commitment and respect for those that raid with us.  (Yes even Orheim.) I try to listen to everyone's opinion.  I try and take all situations into account from all sides.  I know I fail at this from time to time, but overall I think I do an OK job.  I will never be that raid leader who just sits and yells.  That isn't me.



     What is your foundation for raiding, or working with people on WoW?  What are you doing to strengthen it?

Lag/Lazyeye.

No comments: