Sunday, February 15, 2015

This half life of mine. (Raid update week of 02/09/2015)

This week had some issues.  I was one.




     Tuesday was pretty good.  We went in and cleared 5/7 bosses in one night which is the point I wanted to get to.  There was a pretty good cohesion with everyone and it ran pretty smooth.  It was smooth enough that this week we may try a couple of bosses on heroic....

     Wednesday... well, I hear it was OK.  I had issues that kept me from joining the raid this evening, but Magilla managed to get stuff going.  Gruul went down again, and Hans and Franz reportedly got down to 3.5%.  Painful that I wasn't there to see it, but life happens like that sometimes.  Next week we should get them down.  Hopefully with my sword in Franz's head....

     I am honestly facing WoW burnout lately.  I enjoy raiding but haven't felt like logging in much.  I don't know if keeping up on my garrison has me burnt, or just that I'm kind of mentally taking a break other then what I absolutely have to do.  I know I have plenty on my list of things I need to accomplish.  I have a book that I need to finish editing.  There is some side projects for work I could get done.  I want to spend time with my family, work out more, eat better, etc... and so on.  Feeling tied to a computer makes this harder, and taking a step back has been a good choice here I believe.  I normally work on getting several characters to max level, I am seriously debating only leveling what I have to in the near future.  I just don't have it in me to get 13 max level characters again.  By the end of the expansion it might happen in a bite here, and a bite there, but not quickly as it happened in Pandaria.

     I don't feel this expansion has been very alt friendly.  The leveling experience doesn't change much at all from character to character, and even picking different forts in each area doesn't change much flavor.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed leveling the first couple of times, but now it feels like a slog to relive the story lines again so quickly.  I may go leveling dungeons soon, which is something I have historically avoided.

     Also, life just has been crazy lately.  Between Girl Scouts, church, work, kid's school concerts and projects, and other such stuff I have not had many evenings without something to do.  As Wow is just a video game it gets some back burner time as it should.  I dream of a day when it might slow down, but inside I realize that when my life hits that point I will yearn for these days.  If not, then there will probably be something very wrong with me.



     But such is life.  How do you balance things? More importantly, how has your play time and style changed over the years?

Lag/Lazyeye.

No comments: