Friday, November 8, 2013

Sometimes no visible progress is still progress. (Raiding update 11/7/2013)

So, there is good and bad to this week.



     Let's start with the good.  The raid team managed to down the first wing of Flex in one night.  We started a bit late, and finished just after 10:30.  This means that if we had started on time, we would have had 45 minutes to work on the second section of Flex this week.  Right now I'm being pretty lenient on gear and DPS since we have been low on raiders, but that is likely to change in the future if things keep rolling the way they are.  We have had people signing up again for raid, and it gives me hope that we will soon be working a 10 man team.  At least for the rest of this expansion... but I will get there in a moment.

     Wednesday night we worked the whole time on Galakras.  We did not manage to down the boss this night, but we came close.  The add management is getting to where it needs to be.  I don't think we will get through another week without seeing him go down.  There were internal issues in the raid that were stopping us.  They will hopefully be gone by next week.  If not then I will have to deal with it in a fashion that is a little more direct and confrontational then I normally would as the insanely laid back person I am.

    Despite the fact we didn't get further, there was definite progress on both wings.  We had not gotten through the adds before on Galakras, and on the first wing we made it through with only a couple of wipes.  Things may have been avoided here and there, but as we tighten up week to week this will get better.
So, despite the fact we didn't kill any new bosses, and my applebeer remains untapped in my fridge, (I normally pop one when we kill a new boss to celebrate.) I feel we are moving forward.  Now we just need to get the last couple of links secure and in place.

     I know This is a little later, and the first day of Blizzcon was today.  All I am going to discuss here is the raiding announcements.  My take on the other things from Blizzcon I will put in a later post.

    I am excited to announce, (And to have been right about) all raid being flex next Xpack.  There will be four different difficulties.  LFR, Normal, Heroic, and Mystic.  The first three will allow anywhere form 10-25 players.  The raids will adjust difficulty depending on how many people are present.  So if you grinding LFR and a couple of people drop, you will be able to keep moving forward.

    The exception to the flex ability will be Mystic.  Mystic raids will be set at 20 people, and will be a step ahead of heroic content.  I didn't predict all of this, but I was in the camp that predicted normal and flex would be the same thing next expansion.  Sometimes, against all odds, even I am right.

Anyway, keep watching the info flow in from Blizzcon.  I have been checking www.wowinsider.com constantly to keep up on all the announcements.  There is a lot of cools stuff.  And the new expansion....



But I will discuss that later,

Lag/Dizzty/Lazyeye

No comments: