Monday, November 25, 2013

Lately updated (Week of 11/18/2013 raiding update)

November is killing me, but I can't complain I am doing it to myself.



       Tuesday was fun, but a little frustrating.  Our pace wasn't quite what it's been and we managed to get the first three bosses down in Siege Flex wing one.  We probably would have gotten Sha (boss 4) down but we had an unfortunate disconnect, and that ate up time trying to figure out if we should wait for that person, or if we should go ahead and pull.  I finally swapped toons, and we pulled but didn't quite make it.  Of course our poor raider managed to get back on about half way though the pull.

      Wednesday was awesome.  We did pick up a few people for Galakras fight from the guild Lotauna is now running with.  (I can't remember the guild name or I would properly shout out to them) We still have her shammy, so we were good.  Galakras went down fairly well with little trouble.  Iron Juggernaut took us a little work but we managed to get him down too.  We got a few pulls on Dark Shaman, but at the end of the day we did not manage to get them dead.  However, we did get them down to thirty percent, which on the first night on our own wasn't a bad shot.  We did the two tank method this week instead of the three which was a swap up from our first attempt, and I can see us getting it down with this method once we get our stuff figured out.

      So I count it as a good raid week even though no new bosses went down.  This week we will only be running second wing on Tuesday, as Thanksgiving had killed our other raiding day.  We will be walking in and trying progression.   My goal is to eventually cut the first wing out altogether, then the second wing, and since flex is gated only work on the wings that are pertinent to us at the moment.  As much as I've stated I want to get to 10 man this expansion, I love the way flex works so much it is becoming less and less of a priority for me.  Heaven knows it might be better to have a flex team instead of a 10 man team built by the launch of Warlords of Draenor.

     This is coming out late, and my month has been disrupted by NaNoWriMo.  (NaNoWriMo.org)  It's a challenge I have always wanted to do, and finally dove into this year.  So far I feel I have had great results personally, and if your an aspiring writer the challenge makes you sit down and write consistently to meet the goal.  For me, I can write about 1,000 words in about an hours.  This means I have been pulling an extra hour here and there to accomplish it.  This also has left me mentally burnt out here and there.  So, next month I will be better at posting this blog, This month has been hectic.

     Changes are coming for us here on Zangarmarsh.  Tomorrow, (probably today by the time I finish and post this) Zangarmarsh is merging with the Hellscream realm.  This means I will first hand get to see how this realm merger works out.  If it works as well as it's supposed to that means I get 11 new character slots I can use to build up more of the community on the horde side and alliance side of Zangarmarsh.  (And Hellscream)  I'm curious at how this will effect the guild, the raid team, and even the whole realms economy and dynamics.  It's going to be a fun ride, (I hope working on being the optimist) and the guild will ride it together. I have already had a couple discussions with Gwyndolynn about scenarios we may have to look at for the guild depending on how the merge effects it.



     Anyway, that is it for now, I will have a quick blog again this weekend to comment on A. how the merge seems to be effecting things, and B. How we do on our raid night this week.

Allons y!

Lag/Dizzty/Lazyeye.
   


   

No comments: