Saturday, November 30, 2013

.... and Bring your friends. Raid update 11/30/2013

This was a short raid week, we only ran Tuesday night and we worked on the second wing of Flex.



       We ran on Tuesday, and it was a good feeling raid.  We didn't get any new bosses down, but we managed to pull in some folks that hadn't run with us before/or in a while.  Galakras only took two attempts and Iron Juggernaut one if I remember correctly.  The thing that ate up a lot of our time was A. Getting started, people weren't ready to go on time, (including me, I was running late getting back from work and I wasn't the only one.) and B. We over thought things.

      This first one happens.  We were working on getting things ready, and people were still stuck in dungeons, Heroic Scenarios etc....  That being said.  The second I get 10 people together, I am starting the raid.  We didn't start until almost 9:30 (now 10:30 server since out merge with Hellscream) and most of that was waiting on people who normally raid with us at the same time, and we didn't have the group until then.

     The trash before Dark Shamans took a bit of time too.  I hate it when Blizzard puts a large amount of trash before bosses, and on this one it doubly sucks because half of it is hidden in side buildings etc...  So we finally pulled the bosses and we wiped at about 40%.  And this is where we lost our second chunk of time.

     Now, I'm pretty laid back.  I welcome discussion during raid, and suggestions etc... However, the next ten to fifteen minutes was wasted on people arguing over needing the three tank method on this fight, and saying that we couldn't do the two tank etc...  I politely disagree personally, I think if we worked at it we could do the two tank method, however at the end of the day, Scopriack was nice enough to swap to heals and I hopped on my tank and we three tanked it.

     To the three tank option opinions, I do agree this method is easier.  A lot easier.  We almost had the boss down and if we do three tank option again I think we will have him this upcoming week.  My opinion is however, that while one method is easier, it doesn't mean the other method isn't possible.  It might be harder and take a little more work, but possible sometimes means a little more work.  We might need to learn the two tank method, or there are going to be weeks that we don't clear this boss, even after we down him.  Which means, I might look at who we have when we start raid next time, and we may start on third wing if there isn't another tanking option.

       In other news stuffs this week, Hellscream and Zangarmarsh are now joined realms which means I now have a couple alts on Hellscream with BOA gear.  I look forward to building some horde alts to help out my lonely rogue over there, though I am also torn with working on my horde alts over on Hyjal where I can help my friends who are rebuilding over there.

      Trade chat is fantastically entertaining right now, though it will settle soon.  The biggest douches from Zangarmarsh,and the biggest douches from Hellscream are still competing for biggest douche of all.  This means constant pointless arguing which you can pop some popcorn and watch.  Me, other the then change to server time I haven't noticed my life changing for the worst with the merge.  I was able to do Celestials four times on Monday and get my priest his legendary cloak.  This never would have happened before the merge, which means, more world boss love, more opportunity for everyone.



And that's pretty much it for this week.  I am going back to a once a week blog.  I was trying to do two, but it didn't work out for me with scheduling etc....  I might go back in the future, and I'll throw up extra blogs when there is news I feel like needs being covered, but for now, only expect one a week.

Lag/Dizzty/Lazyeye

   


1 comment:

Gwyn said...

I am in agreement with needing to figure out the two tank method. I do suppose we can three tank it at this point though when possible for gear and advancement purposes.