Thursday, July 18, 2013

Raid update 7/18/2013

     This feels like it has been a long week, and truly it has been.  But let's get to it.


     Yes, up top is proof that Batman watches over me while I work.  I didn't want to do another picture of one of my characters standing, so I picked a random picture for you all, and this one won.

      Tuesday went off well.  Due to one of the tanks moving this week Amelmi stepped onto his Dk Creap, (which honestly was the first toon I think he had in the guild) and filled in.  I stepped on to Dizzty my disc priest and Gwyndolynn took a knee and bowed out to allow others who had signed up to go.  We took down Jin'rokh in short order and moved through the horrible trash (I will never look forward to pointless trash Blizzard!) a lot more efficiently then we had previously.  We spent the rest of the night on Horridon and felt good by the end, and we had made progress to the point of getting past the last door and fighting the Dino himself!

     Wednesday we had exactly 10 people signed up, (though I have to give a nod to Easybake who was on, and signed up as tentative.) So it was a pretty quick trip to Throne of Thunder again.  This time I was on Lazyeye my hunter, as Gwyndolynn was back and healing.

     Now, last night was frustrating, I won't lie.  We didn't get as far as the previous night and something just felt off.  We swapped up strategies a few times to try and figure out where we were falling short, and a couple of switches seemed to have a little effect, but nothing that pushed us through.  I think while we  didn't get as far, a few of us might have a better feel for the fight though.  I even played around with my Beast Mastery spec towards the end, to see if more straightforward damage on the elites would make a difference.

      Horridon, and I've said it before is supposed to be the first wall in this raid.  I have heard of several raid teams that struggled with him for a few weeks.  Once we get past him I expect bosses will go a little more quickly for a little bit.  Well, I hope so anyway.



      On the bright side, and on a personal level, the company I work for (Excellence in Healthcare http://eihnet.com) held it's first Lunch and Learn in Utah, and I think it went well and I looking forward to helping with another one tomorrow.  I will then spend all weekend unplugged from technology camping with my family and some friends, so hopefully I will be locked, loaded and refreshed for next week.

      So, on and on to tomorrow.  Next week is a new week and we will sally forth and hit the Throne of Thunder anew!!!!

Lag/Dizzty/Lazyeye


No comments: