Saturday, February 1, 2014

And the Deeps keeps Rolling in.... (Raid update week of 01/30/2014)

No complaints this week.  Well, maybe a couple.



      Tuesday got off to a somewhat shaky start.  One of the main tanks, and one of the main healers couldn't make it due to real life situations.  Due to that and paired with a us starting a couple of newer DPS we decided to run the first wing of flex.  We had originally planned on starting the second wing and pushing right off the bat, but with so many variables we decided that the first wing was a better fit for the night.  It was a good run though, and we finished the first wing just in time despite the set backs.

      Wednesday was much better.  We start right on the first wing and with a few guest stars managed to get all the way through.  Galakras and Iron Juggernaught were all one pulls.  Dark Shaman took three pulls and due to a couple of issues we had time was burnt there as well.  Nazgrim went down on the first shot, and we were excited to see him go.  Mynk, and a couple of her guildies popped in and helped us down the wing.  This means, next week plans get a little more awesome.

     Next week we will start on wing two, and wherever we get, wing three will be the second night.  I look forward to pushing some new stuff.  I don't want to be dependent on folks outside the guild showing up for raid, but when they do I won't complain.  It's fun to have some new voices in Vent here and there.

     This week was great, but new challenges are coming up.  I ended up having to leave my job this week, and I am going back to working at Chick-fil-A as a manager.  This means I'm going to possibly have a schedule that starts moving.  If things work out in that direction I'm going to have to start moving the raid nights with my schedule again.  Either that or I will have to find a step in raid leader who will take over when I'm not available.  The other option is to find a new raid leader all together, but I'm not sure who I would give the job to at this point.  But it is a consideration.

     I am lucky however, I have a family that supports me, and I will still have a steady paycheck.  This is work I enjoy even if it's not my dream job.  I can not talk enough about the principles of not burning bridges or having a second plan.  Physically I am going to have to adjust to being on my feet for 45 hours a week again, but in the long run this will be a good shot of stability that my family needs right now.



      Enough about me however.   Next week we will take some more stuff down.  Plan on it.

Lag/Dizzty/Lazyeye.


No comments: