Thursday, October 17, 2013

Weekly raiding update. Of all the pains I felt before.

So, I'm a little frustrated, but what do ya do?



      Lets start with the good.  Tuesday we once again downed all 4 bosses in about an hour and a half.  Norushan and Sha of Pride took a couple of tries, but we didn't bring in any extra help and we blew through the content pretty quick.  We then went to the second section of Flex and made an attempt on the first boss.  I think we would have done better on him, but a bit of RNG took out a healer quickly, and after that we fell during the second tower.

     Wednesday was a no go, only 7 peeps showed, and down three dps I didn't want to chance 60% of the dps being question marks.  Instead we headed in and got some of LFR done for people.  Not the choice use of the evening, but it was at least something.

     Now, my frustration is directed at raiding again.  I have wanted to get us to start on 10 man raiding, and out of flex pretty quickly, but I was told at the beginning of raid that two of our raiders have joined other raid teams, but will be around for Flex.  This was a surprise, but one we will deal with.  I had mentioned several times since Siege had begun that I planned on moving into ten man as soon as I could get things solidified, and if I wasn't moving quick enough for other folks, that's fine, but it leaves me having to rebuild more to get to that 10 man point.

      To address this point, I am going to make a couple of changes in how I handle things.

      I am not going to sever ties to other guilds that I know, however I will not longer recommend people in our guild to help them fill in spots when they are missing raiders.  Normally when this happens I will hand pick people who are exceptional that they can ask to come in and help with the other guilds raiding.  I won't do this anymore.  If I am free I will go in and help with the run myself, but it seems the people I suggest for this are the ones that eventually end up leaving us for the raid teams I recommend them for.  This may be construed as a dick move on my part, but I am done suggesting people that can help out with a raid or two, only to have them eventually go over and get absorbed into another team.

      It's not that it happens often, but it has happened a few times in the last few years, and always to our detriment.

      I will try and work up a couple hours a week to do work with developing guildies.  I will be doing some runs on a tank or a healer where I bring people in who haven't raided/run dungeons before.  I will take time to study and renew my knowledge of other classes and specs again, and I will do my best to ask and find people in the guild who may need help.  Maybe even a raiding 101 class once a month might not be a bad idea.  But I want to start working on developing people in our guild.  I would love to find someone to put over this as it may end up being a bigger project, and creating an officership around it might be something for us to pursue.

     I want to make it clear, I am not blaming anyone for leaving the guild, or raiding team or focusing any negativity that way.  People outgrow their raid teams, sometimes they want something different.  It might be atmosphere, progression speed, or many other factors.  We are a laid back family guild.  We don't push the content in a hardcore fashion.  That doesn't appeal to a lot of people.  But to some people it does.  We have an open door, if someone wants to leave, they are welcome to, and they are welcome to come back as long as they left on good terms.  We have been fortunate that despite this policy we have only had one or two people in years that have had to be kicked from the guild for their behavior.


Throw back this week!

As it is, we move forward forever more.

Lag/Dizzty/Lazyeye.


No comments: