Sunday, October 6, 2013

No News in the World of Warcraft... Why?

Well, there is a simple answer to that question.  BLIZZCON 2013 baby!!!!  This is my 50th post, which I feel is a milestone, and not much is going on.


        This is normal.  It seems every time we have had Blizzcon in my memory at least, the news shuts down from Blizzard for about a month before the event.  Oh we will get patch notes, updates on the systems etc... but no actual news about what is coming up soon in our World of Warcraft.

        I have noticed this expansion that after almost every patch, we have started hearing news about the next patch immediately.  Mists dropped, they started talking features for patch 5.1 that were upcoming etc...  And because every other patch has been a true content patch it hasn't been as noticeable because we were not discussing the next raid right after a raid patch dropped.  However... when you talk about the next feature they are working on, it keeps some excitement in the air about "What is Blizzard up to next?

        Now a few folks have commented that they think we may see a Hearthstone release before Blizzcon.  I am not sure if I agree with this, as Blizzard is working hard right now getting things ready for the big even, and with it being a month away, that is a real short time for an announcement of a release date.  Of course since Hearthstone is going to be free to play, there is nothing stopping them from just saying, "it's ready!" and dropping it on us.

        I am hoping we see a few more connected realm before then as well.  They have one set hooked up, and I imagine they plan on watching it for a while before connecting others to make sure any bugs are worked out of the system.  I imagine once they feel that the live release is working perfectly as intended we will start seeing connected realms pop up left and right.  Since this is something that will completely be effecting everyone on those realms they have every right to be careful about the way they implement this.  I am looking forward to seeing how it effects us here on Zangarmarsh, if at all.

Yes, it's country, so sue me.

       Anyway, slow news week, I'm fairly certain that is how things will be for a bit.  So, have fun in game and I will see folks soon.

Lag/Dizzty/Lazyeye

No comments: