Saturday, October 26, 2013

.... And the world falls down! Raiding update 10/24/2013

So, It's time to talk about it.


     And no, not that Affleck is the next Batman, I have no issues with this as Nolan is attached to DC's Superman/Batman movie, and he has pleasantly surprised me with his casting so far.  But that is a discussion for another time.

     Once again, the raid team is in trouble.  I keep working on rebuilding, just to see things fall again.  With the people that just left, as I mentioned last week, we are now stuck in Flexville, and even then we can't fill our roster in order to run both nights.

     Tuesday, with the lack of a couple of people who have walked another direction, we found it tough.  We made 3/4 on the first wing of flex.  Part of me believes this is a good thing and that eventually it means that we will build a stronger team.  It also means that we have lost one of the crutches the team has been leaning on.  It is now time to not only groom dps to come into our raid team, but to push them into doing higher numbers then they have needed to do previously.  Heals, for now, are covered.  Thought with Shaqia not being able to play his next semester of school, Shimmer may be geared for healing.  Not because I "need" too, but if we are healing, I would rather not stack healing classes.

      Wednesday raiding didn't happen at all.  We had two tanks, three heals, and one dps.  That's right we are falling short on DPS.  I didn't want to pull in 4 out of 5 deeps once again as a pug, so instead we went off and did our own individual things for the night.  I ran a few BG's With Gwyndolynn and then logged.

      So where do we go from here is the question?  I plan on building things back up.  At this point my goal is to have a team in place, with a plan for kick off by next expansion.  As a matter of face, when the next expansion launches, I want a plan in place for how quickly we plan on being in the new raids and content.  I want to be back into the game in a way where I am giving the virtual smack down to bosses.  I want a team worthy of those who have stuck with us the whole time.

     I am still fighting.  I have had some rough times this summer, and I kept things going.  The last couple months have shown that things are getting better though, and i'm hoping at the beginning of next year I can go back to working only one job, which means I won't be stretched as thin as I have been between work, and kids. 

     The call out this week goes to those on the raid team.  See if you can find one dps in the guild who is interested in raiding.  Invite them on one of our flex raids.  Help them see if their gear is gemmed, chanted, and reforged correctly.  Help build this team back up.   We can do it.  


I propose "Fireys" for the next playable race BTW.


     And we will lay low the words of those who try and stop us.

Lag/Dizzty/Lazyeye.

1 comment:

Magilla said...

Sorry for missing on Wednesday. Real life gets in the way sometimes. I plan on helping you rebuilding the raid team. I've been with y'all since the end of Wrath and I have no plans on leaving. I'm grooming my DPS set and am also working on a heals. We'll get a team up and running very soon.