Saturday, May 31, 2014

We Thokked Thok (Raid update week of 5/25/2014)

Very Happy on this one,



      We started out on Tuesday fighting Wing 3.  With a couple fresh faces in tow we took down Malkorak, Treasures of Pandaria and Thok.  Yes, I can proudly say we took down Thok again and this time I don't believe we had some of the power hitters who were helping us out last time.  If we get him down a third time I will label him "farm status."

      Wednesday night we went up against our nemesis, Blackfuse.  This fight is still beating us around a bit and we are filling lots o' pain here.  The hardest part was that on our first pull we got the mother______ down to 12%.  This made my heart swell with joy and I was ready for us to two shot this guy and bring some pain down.  Instead we went back to people standing in the fire, dying early, and so on.  The biggest frustration here is that I know we can down this boss, we just can't defeat ourselves and right now paying attention is our biggest enemy.

       I am going to continue starting on Wing one, then Wing 3 every other week.  This will give us a chance to still get some gear for people missing a piece here and there, and to also push some harder  bosses the next week.  Wednesdays will continue to be wing 4.  I know there will be a lot of frustration on Wednesdays, but we need to keep pushing somewhere or people will get bored.  This is also my attempt to please people who want to push further, and those who want to farm the beginning/build some alts.

       I am really feeling like the time is marching during Warlords of Draenor.  To be honest, my hunter needs little or no upgrades from what we are working on, Siege has been out for six month now, and news is coming slowly but surely.  I am still betting on Beta coming out sometime in June.  Without the million or so players that were promised Beta access for MOP I have a feeling this Beta may be a lot shorter.  I think that we are looking at Blizzard trying to push this out before Blizzcon.  If they take as long as December I feel their numbers will suffer another half to a million subscribers, and not all will come back for WOD.

     I am curious to see how this expansion cycle works.  MOP has seen the biggest drop off in subscribers WoW has experienced so far.  There is always a drop off between expansions, and I'm curious to see how many players come back.  Honestly, if I was so invested in World of Warcraft I might start looking at Wildstar or another option at this point.  As it is, my family and friends are here in game and I'm not likely to go elsewhere and try to rebuild that.

     Starting next week when I queue us up for wing one I am not taking Lazyeye.  I may bring Lag in as Ret to play around and get some more gear for both dps and tanking.  Or if my lock or mage get enough love this weekend one of them might make and appearance.  Haven't decided yet.  Lazyeye will be back when we are pushing wing 3+ when we need the push his deeps brings.



See ya'll next week.
Lag/Dizzty/Lazyeye.

No comments: