Monday, January 13, 2014

after 3 weeks, I'm back in black! (Raid update week of 01/09/2013)

So, this is sneaking out a little late.  Along with my apologies for not keeping this updated over the holidays.  Oh well, here we go.



       Tuesday was interesting.  We went into the first wing of Flex and felt the three weeks of break on top of the regression we have been seeing slap us in the face.  We went in and downed two bosses.  I was on my trusty hunter Lazyeye, who was ready to break his bow in frustration.  With a lot of irritation over Norushan we finally hung it up and called it for the night.

      Wednesday we came in to finish the first wing, and we managed to down Norushan quickly.  heartened by this, we moved into fight the Sha of Pride, and he slammed us down.  I can't sugar coat it here.  People weren't moving.  Pride was stacking quickly, and it was painful to work through.  Part of the problem is we didn't have everyone on ventrilo and even when I added more work to what I was doing (I was tanking on Lag this night) We couldn't down the Sha.  I would like to thank Rorcios from Aerie Peak for coming in and helping (I may have killed his name, but he's in one of the Convert To Raid guilds)  He was awesome and patient with us.  I wish we could have downed a Sha for him.

     This regression is starting to wear on me, and I'm admitting it. Part of me wants to tell the group that we are going to keep rehashing wing one until we can clear it in about an hour like we were a month and a half ago.  The other part of me wants to chuck everyone's heads at wing 3 to make them work harder.  I am not 100% sure what direction I am going to go but something needs to give.  We have been doing this s*** too long to keep making mistakes like this.

     Part of it is constantly getting new people into the raid.  However, when we have done this fight with one or more of our 10-15 people pulling less then 40k I am not buying it being a DPS issue.  Or a new person issue.  We all need to up our game.  My goals right now are A. Get my Hunters Legendary cloak then B get my dps above 200k.  I don't care if this is the DPS on my hunter or my paladin.  I just want to be smashing major face and I know it's possible.  I challenge everyone to start making goals and benchmarks for their characters to meet.  If we are working on constantly improving, we are moving forwards.

     I gave the whole raid team the homework of running Flex on LFR or doing PVP or finding some means of improving their ability to move out of the Poo.  I wanted people to actively work on avoiding stuff that kills them.  I am curious to know how many raiders actually did their homework.  I'm not saying I'm going to explode if homework wasn't done.  But it might be a dagger in the heart of my raid leading self if no one even tried.

     On the bright side, my wonderful wife Aeryn is back in game.  She won't be raiding with us every night, but she will be there here and there and I look forward to her wonderful heals helping out.  We managed to get her gear from 496 up to 520 something this weekend.  Soon I can not tell you how ecstatic I am to have her by my side while playing again.

Silversun Pickups for you this week.

That is the update for now, will have another one for this raid week.

Lag/Dizzty/Lazyeye.

2 comments:

Lillamb said...

I did homework! Also grabbed a bit of new gear. Can't wait to start moving forward again.

Gwyn said...

Ran the worstest ever LFR's just for you. OK, and selfish reasons as well, but they were awful and only one of those silly things for my cloak dropped. One more shot before raid tonight at least. Oh and I guess what we do will need to depend on who shows for raid of course. We will do the best we can.