Thursday, December 22, 2016

Getting into the Blizzard Spirit.

Merry Winter Veil you wonderful people.



     So let us start out with the thing that makes me the most excited.  This is blog post number 200 for me.  That means since my first post on 5/07/2013 I have managed to keep writing and going on this blog fairly consistently.  I won't say that I have never done something that was more fluff than substance, but I am proud of myself.  Looking at my first post, I started writing just before patch 5.2 dropped so I have been here giving my voice to the community about this game I still love since the middle of Mists of Pandaria.  I don't feel too bad congratulating myself here.  Most people don't keep writing consistently on something like this, and even though at times it has been hard, I am still here.

     The news is a little slower at the moment.  Blizzard is seeing Christmas time like the rest of us, so I wouldn't expect to hear much until January.  They did mention that they are aiming to release the Nighthold Raid on January 17th.  This means if they want to get patch 7.15 out before than it will have to fall on January 3rd, (Happy Birthday to me!) or on January 10th.  Beyond that World of Warcraft still had raiding, PVP, world quest etc... you could be doing right now.  Or you could be leveling another alt!  The leveling experience is great this time around, as long as you are willing to let characters sit and feel like they aren't progressing.  I still don't like how alt unfriendly this expansion feels.

     Winter veil is in full bloom in game right now.  Go fight your Grinch and prepare to log on Christmas morning to open up your presents in Ironforge or Ogrimmar.  We are sure to get some new toy this year and another ugly sweater. Of course with Christmas being this weekend I have to ask...

     How are you spending your Christmas break?  Assuming you have one.

     I am out of school the week after Christmas so I am looking forward to logging on some week based hours.  Hopefully I can get my family together and run a few dungeons or Mythics.  I don't see myself raiding, but if one of the groups I chat with etc... need a dps I might hop in.  Next week is going to be a big de-stresser for me.  Not that I'm very stressed right now.  School is going well, my new job is fabulous, and my family life is good.  The only thing I lack most days is time to sleep.

     I might throw a few more hours into Diablo III as well. Maybe fiddle around with Heroes of the Storm which I have never done more than poked at here and there.  I am still unwilling to throw money down on Overwatch at this point, as I don't have much time to even play Wow generally, but with everyone I work with playing it, I might give in eventually so I can torture them outside of work. Who knows?

     I have goals coming in for next year as well.  I am only vaguely aware of what some of them might be at this point, but I am getting a plan together on how I plan to progress at work and a bit at home.  I am still working on one book, editing one, and I need to get off my butt and market the other.  By June I will have something full book sized up on Amazon/Kindle.

     I also will be working on getting healthier.  My work has a full sized Gym I can use at any time.  I need to take advantage of that.  I am debating with my work schedule shift, doing a workout before I go to school two or three days a week if nothing else.

    But how are you all spending your Christmas/Winterveil/Holidays.  Does anyone have any big fun plans, or are you stuck just slogging away like normal?



    Either way, Happy Holidays you beautiful people.  Remember no matter who you are the world would be a lesser place without you.

Lag.

    If you would like to support Ben Marble and his bob-sledding goblins, please consider purchasing one of his short stories at Amazon.com

No comments: