Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Movie Transmogs

I love free cool looking stuff but....




     I'm not sure this one was completely thought out.  The sword and shield look awesome for Alliance, the staff and axe are nice for horde.  I think all the items given look unique and are great tie ins for the movie.  I'm not complaining about what is there in game.

     I'm thinking about the things that aren't.

     I feel that these were kind of limited. They are battle.net bound so you can mail them around.  When the new transmog system goes live they will be accessible to all your characters at once who can equip them, and that to me is kind of the rub.

     If you play a class on alliance that doesn't do one handed swords or shields, these are essentially useless to you.  They look cool, but all they do is take up bank space. Rogues, Druids, Ret pallys, etc... have no use for these.  If you play one character and don't like alts, this is pretty much a worthless promotion for you.  Horde has similar issues as well.  Very limited use with a one handed axe and a caster staff.

     Now, let's be fair here.  While I feel this promotion is limited in use, it is free.  Simply log in during the promotion time and get the transmog items.  So you aren't technically losing out on anything if you don't like the look of these, or you can't use them.  I'm sure Blizzard could have done more, but that would take away from their time on designing items and features for the new expansion.  So I'm split when it comes to the idea where they could have had more items to be more inclusive, but I'm not sure it would have been the best use of Blizzard's resources.
 
    So I open the question, how do you all feel?  Is this promotion too limited?  Was it a waste of time in the first place?  How could it be better implemented, or done differently?  Is it even worth worrying about?  I think the items look cool but are they worth the trouble?  Am I just pointlessly rambling over something most don't care about?



How do you feel?

Lag
   

No comments: