Monday, January 5, 2015

Rockin' on up. (raid update week of 12/28/2014)

Holidays are over, now we can get to business!



      We only raided Tuesday because of Holidays again.  (As opposed to the week before where we didn't raid, as I got stuck at work) That was fine, even with a late start (my fault this time for not planning things better) We downed three bosses.  The butcher of Kardize.. oh, I mean Kargath.  The actual Butcher (non-Diablo style)  and Twin's from Full House...errr Ogron all died to our group.  We took a couple more wacks at Brackenspore and called it a night.

      I realized this night what the biggest problem I have with Highmaul is.  I think it's a great raid, looks cool.  Has some neat bosses, but the fights themselves just feel like they last forever.  Once you have a fight like Twin Ogron down and no one is dying, it just seems to take forever to kill you enemies.   Out of the three we have killed they seem to be very simple 1 phase fights with repetitive mechanics.  That's fine and all, but I am hoping there is a little variance down the road to make the fights feel a little more Epic.

     As things stand now, it looks like I'm back to tanking.  (Grumble, grumble)  Apparently, things were said, someone was offended and here we are.  I don't think either party is 100% to blame on this one, and I am just rolling my eyes and moving on.  I am debating leveling my DK up though to take over tanking to give me a break from Pally tanking.  I have enjoyed Lag as DPS this time round and it might be nice to try something new.

    Other then that, people continue to ding 100 and get geared.  I'm looking forward to new friendly faces showing up in raid as they get ready and I hope that we are fielding a team of about 16 people by the end of the day.  A couple with a tank/healer off spec would be nice too.  I would love to find another tank outright, but I need someone who is dependable and will be around every raid.  I made some choices at the end of last expansion that might have made this easier, but I put my eggs in one basket and now I find I'm short.  My fault, I will pick up that slack for now.

   Still enjoying the Expansion, but I'm starting to feel it is not alt friendly with the time that I have.  I feel what time I have is stuck working on my main character, but at this point if I want to get my garrison and daily stuff done on him, I don't have time for much after.  This isn't a big problem and it may keep my to a main for the near future for the most part.  I just wish I could get more characters leveled up for variety's sake.  My hunter I am working with my wife when she plays... the rest.  We will see.



That's pretty much it then.  This week should be our first two day raid week in about 3 weeks.  I am looking forward to downing a new boss or two.

Lag/Lazyeye

2 comments:

Lotauna said...

Love staying caught up with Fear through your blog! What nights do you raid?..I would love to drop in and say hello to old friends if you guys didn't mind a little frost some night. =)

Corvis said...

We raid on Tuesday and Wednesday night from 10-12 server. Your welcome anytime you want to hop in!