Thursday, September 26, 2013

Xenophobic. I admit to having this issue. (Raid update 09/26/2013)

      So, let's start with the raid update for the week.



      Tuesday we were short on people so we just hopped into the first LFR that was open for Siege of Ogrimmar and managed to get through the whole thing.  This was nice as every attempt I have tried prior to this has stalled out and not gone well.  Some of us even got Loot! (not me).  I healed this on my priest Dizzty and even though we didn't do an actual raid, those who ran enjoyed themselves.

      Wednesday we were short people again as well.  This was the night I had planned for Flex raid or regular Siege of Ogrimmar.  I went ahead and called it while we were two or three people short, so people dispersed and went about our ways.  Several people headed off to the timeless isle and others logged, went there own way, or PVPed.  It was indicated to me, that maybe I should have pugged the last few spots.

      I can't argue that point.  I could have pugged the last few spots.  'Specially going into the new flex raid where difficulty is a little tuned down.  I could have pulled people in and with new content if there was wiping and frustration it wouldn't be unexpected.  I would have allowed people to actually get to run a bit that night, and we could worked on some sort of progression.

      However I admit to being Xenophobic to a degree.  I don't like pulling in people I don't know, or who don't have an attachment to someone in the run.  I will pull in someone who has been in Fear Itself for less then a week, no issues, but if they don't have the guild tag or a friendship with someone in the group I am hesitant to bring them in at all.

     Why? I'm not sure.  Maybe it's a strange side of my psychology.   I know if I let someone in and they make the run miserable for everyone, if they have that guild tag I can take some kind of action if needed.  However if I pull in a stranger, who knows what I'll get.  This goes strangely against my view of the world where I believe most everyone is intrinsically good, and not out to make everyone else or miserable.  The funny thing is I used to pug all the time.  In the ICC days I used to pug at least one 25 man a week.  I would do all three roles as well.  I would tank, heal, or dps depending on need.  I don't know when I got to the point where I decided I was anti pug.


     Anyway, I will work on overcoming this issue.  I admit to it being a fault of mine, and if it does have an effect on the raid I need to address it.   Despite personal reservations, I will try and pug next time we are so close.

     Hopefully next week with the likely return of a couple people, I won't have to.

Lag/Dizzty/Lazyeye



     

No comments: