Friday, August 2, 2013

.A Quick Addition in a halfshell

     Raid did happen Thursday  night.

     By the way, if your reading this, you may be number 1,000 to view my blog!!!  This makes me strangely excited.



     We managed to start at about 9:30 with our raid team ready to go and kick some turtle shell.  Well, something got kicked (rubs his posterior)



      We sallied forth and took down the trash fairly quickly and without too many deaths.  (My hunter is actually using Misdirect for those jerks)  The last healer arrived and we went to work.

      At first every attempt was daunting.  We kept getting destroyed by spinning turtle shells and falling rocks. It was apparent very soon on this fight that survival>dps is one of the keys to success here.  So we started to learn to dodge and anticipate.  I know my biggest lesson was that I did better dodging rocks/turtles/fate by running forward rather then backing off.  I know this seem simple logic, but when you see two turtle shells barreling down towards you, your first instinct is to back away and give them more room.  Running forward or strafing though gives you more speed, so you have more ability to outrun/dodge things.  I started surviving better once I figured this out.

     As the night went on we slowly saw more progression.  People were surviving longer, we figured out the best place and way to hold bats to help kill them down.  With every attempt that life bar on Tortos started to get lower.

     On our last attempt of the night that Health bar was at 20%.

     I believe next week when we get to good old Tortos, he is going down.  We have our system about figured out, and there is no reason to think we won't be killing him soon enough.  Even though we had an extra raid night, and a lot of frustration and repairs, we did what we should do.  We came and fought a giant turtle, much like in real life... ok. Maybe not so much.

     The extra raid night, I feel was successful.  I don't think we will be having extra raid nights every week, but here and there it might not be a bad idea to shoe horn one in.  I don't think I have it in me to do three raid nights every week at this point.  But if we were to do every other week, or even once a month, it might not be a bad idea to get some extra work in.



All in all, still a very good raid week.  2 new bosses down, and a turtle on its way.

Lazyeye

1 comment:

Lotauna said...

Must run forward rather than backwards! LOL Will try that next week. Backwards was definitely my first instinct.