Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mage Powa!!!! Not sure if i'm ranting or not.... 08/28/2013 Raiding update.

    Here we go again.

    I love my raiders, my raid team, and those who work hard to push us through.  I am starting here because I feel it is where I need to start.  Everyone who came to raid this week worked hard, and we got to Council of Elders... where we met an untimely death.



      We had 4 mages this week, and a Shadow Priest, meaning our whole entire Dps group was cloth.  From a DPS standpoint, I have no issue with this.  From a permanent raid team point of view I would like to shift that up.  Simply put, it is not a good thing to have 5 members of the raid rolling on the same gear.  It makes it take longer to gear up, and is frustrating for that poor soul who happens to be the 5th clothie to finally get their pants when they won't drop every week.  So, this is a thing that I want to find a different cure for.

     At this point, their are only 7 set spots on the raid team.  The people guaranteed a spot when they show up are Me, Gwyndolynn, Shaqia, Magilla, Skorpiak, Lotauna, and Easybake.  That leaves 3 spots for me to fill, and I can't fill them all with clothies.  (Ok, I may rant a little on this.  I love people for showing, but we can't run an all cloth raid.)

     That, and I would love to know who I am going to be raiding on.  Whether it be DPS, Tank, or heals, I would love to know which toon to work out first.  But until things are settled, I am stuck swapping every week.  Which is irritating.

      Let's be honest here.  If I have to run with 5 clothies for DPS, I will do it.  However, I would prefer people who want in to get an alt etc.. ready to go.  I am not going to ask Lotauna or Easybake to swap at this point.  It wouldn't be fair to them when they have been working on those characters all Xpack long.  I may look at starting us on flex next Xpack so I can work these people in then paring the team down as needed.  I am unsure yet. Depends on how the cards fall.

      I still would like a Tank or Heals to be recruited.  I am debating for the first time posting on the CTR (Convert to Raid) forums, or the Realm forums.  I have never done this before and I am afraid of the lash back I might get from those who would see the fact that we are extremely casual as a raid team as a bad thing.  I will probably do the CTR forums first, because I know that community is a lot more laid back then the general blizzard forums, and they tend to monitor them pretty well.  That being said when virtual realms are rolled out, we might get an influx of people and benefit from there as well.  We will see what happens.  As much as I want to do normal 10 mans, I would prefer to do the Flex raids and include everybody if that is my option.

       Anyway, I do need to give a shout out for Carixi, raiding with us for the first time in forever.  Also to all the other people who helped out this week whom are not part of our normal raid team, Belevina, Raiinspider, and Amelmi who stepped in Tuesday.  As it goes, on to next week to see what is in store.



     Oh, and keep and eye out for RBGs, we are going to work them out with Mission of Mercy eventually, mwha ha ha.

Lag/Dizzty/Lazyeye

     

No comments: