Monday, May 18, 2015

Check out the Runesaber mount.

I've been very bad about posting this last month.  I have gone every other week for two weeks and I'm not sure I might keep up weekly... more on that in a moment.



      Last couple weeks of raiding has been interesting.  We have managed to get into Blackrock Depths and keep hitting along.  We are still only two bosses down though.  Our focus right now is Beastmaster Dumluck (Yes, I know that's not his real name) and we are getting close.  I'm hoping we will be building some momentum soon.. But we will see what happens.

      First, let's discuss Blizzards new mount shall we.  Twenty five dollars will net you this brand new shiny tiger.  I'm cool with that.  I think it's a spiffy looking mount.  I can see my Night Elves salavating at the idea of riding the purple beauty into battle.  I do have one issue with this.

       The mount had an emphasis on the fact it can fly.  Now, thats not a bad thing per se in a normal expansion situation, but since in Draenor we can't fly yet this seems something that wasn't thought through very well.  As a matter of fact to those who have been fighting for flying it's almost like  a middle finger up in the air.  I don't count myself amongst those individuals as I think it's time to flying, but I'm not going to cry or freak out if it doesn't happen.  I understand Blizzard's reasons for the no flying, and I respect it.

     I think this was just a case of people designing something, thinking it was really cool and not realizing the implications of releasing it right now.  No body is perfect and Blizzard has shown that while they come close at times, they aren't either.  Like I said, I love the look of this mount.  I'm not likely to plunk down twenty five bucks on it just because I normally don't buy mounts or pets, but it does appeal to me.  I think the only thing wrong here is the timing.

     Now if Blizzard has been smart they would have held onto this mount until they announced the release of flying in Draenor.  Whether that is in 6.2, 6.3, or 7.0 it would have been cool if they had done a campaign around the idea of, "Now that you can search Draenor's skies, do it on this shiny new mount!"  I think in that case it's a lost opportunity on their part.

     I really don't want to beat this into the ground though,  Five minutes on twitter and you can hear the screams of people critizing the introduction of this mount on Twitter, Facebook, or whatever social media site you like to use.

     The other point of news this week is we are discussing moving our raid times to Saturday/Sunday instead of running Tuesday/Wednesday.  The reason behind this is that this raid leader will be going back to school soon.  Yes, he will be hauling his old butt back into a learning enviroment pretty much killing his free time during the week.  Guild members can go to our site at Fear Itself and opine or vote on the raid night.  There has also been a point of discussion brought up here that is worth mentioning.

     When running current content people should be playing on their best geared/performing toon.  I agree with this, but have been lenient on it at times.  I will start enforcing this with a couple of exceptions.  You can bring a different toon based on these two standards.

1. Your toon does comparable dps/heals as the one your swapping with.  I have no issue with folks swapping to a different class, but do your work to get to the point where they can come in.  The reason I haven't been running on Lazyeye this expansion is that he just hasn't got the deeps Lag does right now.  Otherwise I would be swapping to ranged right now as we have had times where we are too melee heavy.

2.  You are assuming a new role.  If we need a healer and you swap, this is an obvious exception to me.  Same goes for tanking.  If we need a tank and you have one ready to go, as long as it's geared enough for the content I would rather have you swap than not have us run at all.

    These are the only two reasons one should swap.  If you do not meet either of these plan on being on your strongest toon.  Once we have things on farm we can then discuss switching and running alts.  This is something that like I said, I have been lax on, but not anymore.



    As a matter of fact I'm starting to build my shaman up so we have another healing option. However, I guarantee you won't see her in raid until she is ready to kick as much butt as Lag does.

Lag/Lazyeye.

No comments: