Friday, April 10, 2015

I'm Trying Not To Be Angry.

But, really inside right now I kind of am.



       Tuesday we didn't raid.  Simply just didn't happen.  Only five folks showed up including me and we opted to just chat in vent and do our own thing.  I was not happy.

        Wednesday we went into Blackrock Foundry.  We were still short three folks, and two of them we found from friends on another realm.  One we used the raid finder tool to fill.  With the changes etc... and a new tank we didn't even down Gruul.  Raid was called short because one of the people had to log.  Once again, frustrating.

        When we started this expansion, we had about fifteen folks raiding with us.  Over the last three months that number has dwindled.  Now I'm looking at a drought for the first time since the beginning of Siege and I'm finding it maddening.  We are back to the people getting frustrated because we aren't progressing quickly, so they jump instead of working on getting one team to great.  Some of them leaving without even saying a word which is double maddening.  I can take it if someone wants to leave.  If they don't even have the courtesy to say goodbye?  It makes me a little mad.

       So, I have started working on recruiting again.  I have found myself despite me hate of the spamming add ons, using one since cross realm zones has pretty much defeated my normal method of flying through the world and messaging chat.  Hopefully I can bring in some new blood, and get some more bodies into the guild to liven things up a bit more.  I'll be honest though, we may be struggling for a while.  I know personally I am.

       This raid tier has put a big focus on personal responsibility.  That means one person standing in the fire can doom us all now.  This means the dynamic I have fought of half the raid doing their homework, and the other half just showing up and hoping the explanations are enough may not cut it anymore.  Folks may actually have to put some effort into preparation. 

       But this is all stuff I've said and that we've been through before.  As painful as it is if I continue to raid lead it's stuff we will go through again in the future.  Life and the grass is greener complex will always take folks from us, and we just need to learn to adapt.  The downside

       I was prepared to just keep working Blackrock at this point.  Now we may have to go back and do some Highmaul to gear folks as we bring new raiders in and up to speed.  So, we may be taking a step backwards in progression.



      So, If you are on Zangarmarsh or Hellscream and want a new home to try out, let Fear Itself Alliance side know.  Come in and be part of rebuilding a raid team.  If you do so, please be committed to being in raid weekly, ready to go.  If  you can't make raid on a weekly basis, don't plan on healing or tanking.  DPS spots I can fill.  The more critical spots I need to have folks there, because every time a tank doesn't show it effects everyone a lot more critically.

Lag/Lazyeye.

No comments: