Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Value of Things.

It's been a long week.  And it's only half over.



       As far as raids went this week, they didn't.  Between everything I'm juggling I just had to take a step back and admit I didn't have time to run them.  I haven't been on game but a few minutes as well so I didn't connect and try to get someone else to run them.  Next week I've posted Blackrock both days.  I think we will step back to Highmaul every other week or so until It's gone, but I want our main focus to be the newer of the two raids.

     Just as a quick update, the PTR is testing the game time currency right now.  The price seems to be set at twenty dollars for thirty days of game time.  I predicted it would be higher then the normal  subscription and I was right.  My understanding is that you now buy the token, put it on the AH and the price is actually set by Blizzard based on the give and demand on your server.  That way no one can use to it majorly inflate or deflate the market.  I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of this model as I believe that a market where the players set the price is a better system, but we will see how this shakes out.  I still like this idea over all, and I'm interested in see how it shakes out.

    The other value I am looking at right now is time.  Right now work is pretty hectic and is kicking my butt.  Along with everything else I just haven't been drowning in time.  (Really, I'm three weeks behind on the Walking Dead.) I have decided at this point that I'm not going to focus on leveling any more characters for a bit.  I have my pally, hunter and shaman on Alliance side, and I will eventually get my hunter or rogue up on Horde.  At this point however I don't plan on doing what I've done the last couple of expansions and leveling a bunch of characters to the max level.  (Last expansion I had 13 level 90's by the end)  I just don't have the time and energy.

     I don't believe I'm at the point of quitting this game any time soon.  I am however debating scheduling and minamizing my time on it a bit more.  I just have too much other stuff to do lately.  I plan on raid leading still, and I will work on keeping a couple of characters current.  Other then that I am not sure what I will have time to do.  I guess this is just part of getting older.  It sucks.

     I will be honest, if it wasn't for the people in the guild, I might be quitting at this point.  I'm just tired and don't have the energy for the obsession I've had for this game in the past.  I used to know enough about all the classes to tell you thier cool downs, stat priorities etc...  Now I'm luck to remember them all on the classes I have maxed.  Maybe I need to take a break... I'm not sure.  I don't see that happening in the near future however.



     So, what do you do when Wow is getting stale/old and you need to decompress from it?  Where do you spend your energy when your not in game?

Lag/Lazyeye


No comments: