Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Falling Behind.

As you can tell, with the frequency of my posts, I am not playing much still.



     But hey, I just finished my Project+ class, meaning that I am taking a little time off of school, which is going to be nice and relaxing before I hop back in and go for my BA.  I may do some Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm as well.

    I have tinkered around on the Broken Isles and so far I am not hating or loving the experience.  I know everyone is in love with this, as it has brought the better mechanics from Tanaan Jungle, and the Timeless Isle together.  It has some good changing world quests tied to it, and the story is progressing nicely through it.  The dungeon it introduced was interesting and had me raising my eyebrows at the end.  By all accounts I should be in love with this...

    However, I do not like the fact that after you build one of the buildings, (My realm had the Mage tower up first) it is only so long before that building falls and you have to start from scratch again.  I would rather have a progressive zone like in Firelands, Suramar, or the Isle of Thunder where you slowly accomplish something and the zone changes to reflect your accomplishments.  I hate the feeling of watching something being built, then going back a couple days later and it's rubble again.  I understand that this is to give us something ongoing, but I feel it kind of shortchanges the area in the long run.  When we are here in two or three months, is anyone going to care enough to work on the buildings, leaving them as permanent rubble eventually.

    I also have not figured out the purpose of a few things.  I get crystals and can create demon portals.  Great!  How does this benefit me?  I can see killing the slog of demons that come out for items, gold nethershards, etc.  Why do I care about this, more than going to one area or another to mow down the mobs there? I am sure the answer is a high rate of nethershards being dropped, but it seems like more headache than it's worth to me.  Maybe I have gotten lazy in my old age, but sitting there smacking mobs as they spawn and hoping they don't overwhelm me is not interesting to me.

     I do like the invasion events.  So far I have been able to do High Mountain and Aszuna.  The feeling of doing four different spots then having a quest/scenerio to top everything off feels good.  My only wonder is with how often they happen, how long will it take to do all of them.  It might be a bit seeing that Blizzard removed doing all four from the Pathfinder II achievement for Legion Flying.

     The mix of world quests on the broken shore have been nice.  I enjoy the fact I end up in all sorts of areas, including in the water, and that it makes me explore the whole area.  I have never wanted Murlocs as a playable class until I saw the fel Murloc with the big bat wings.  That was completely awesome.

     I don't like the fact that both of my weapons classes seem semi-impossible right now.  I checked wowhead.com and it seems very few if any folks are managing to finish these fights.  I do think they should take some work, but the difficulty is kind of crazy right now.  That might be the point though, as you have a weapon appearance gated behind those quests.  If it was easy it wouldn't be as significant.



    How is everyone else feeling though?  Are we enjoying the new content?  What are y'all loving, and what not so much?

    How off base am I on some of this.

Happy playing,
Lag.

If you would like to support Ben Marble and his Love of Burning Murlocs, please consider purchasing one of his short stories at Amazon.com.
 

No comments: